2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 2:16 PM by hueclaire

GoPro's Quick Editing software issues

hueclaire

Hello all,

I would like to have your opinion on which INTEL CORE product to buy in order to run GOPRO's editing software called QUICK. I bought a GOPRO BLACK 7 and have a desk computer and this are its references (its in french though):

(so my desktop Computer run with Windows 10)

FABRICANT :          ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

MODELE :               ASUS Deskop PC. K30AD_M31AD_M32AD SERIES

PROCESSEUR :      INTEL (R) CORE (TM) i3-4150T CPU @ 3.00GHz

MEMOIRE INSTALLEE (RAM):    4.00Go

TYPE DE SYSTEME :                 SYSTEME D'EXPLOITATION 64 BITS, PROCESSEUR x64

STYLET et FONCTION TACTILE : NOT AVAILABLE ON THIS SCREEN.

(now for the graphic card)

ADAPTER TYPE :  INVIDIA GeForce GT 720         

ADAPTER INFO

CHIP TYPE  : GeFORCE GT 720

DAC TYPE :  INTEGRATED RAMDAC

CARD :         GeFORCE GT 720

INFORMATION BIOS : VERSION 80 28 56 0 d

MÉMOIRE GRAPHIQUE TOTALE :  4065 Mo

MÉMOIRE VIDÉO DÉDIÉE :         2048 Mo

MÉMOIRE SYSTÈME PARTAGÉE : 2017 Mo

(finally GoPro ideal CPU)

Systèmes d'exploitation pris en charge : Windows 10 64 bits en mode Bureau uniquement. Les systèmes 32 bits ne sont pas pris en charge.

Processeur / UC (unité centrale) :   Intel Core i3 Recommandé : Intel Quad Core i7 ou plus performant

Carte graphique : Une carte graphique prenant en charge OpenGL 3.2 ou ultérieur1 Recommandée pour le montage et la    lecture 4K : Intel HD Graphics 5000 ou supérieur (ou carte graphique de classe similaire)
      Mémoire RAM vidéo recommandée : Mémoire RAM de 512 Mo ou plus pour la lecture vidéo en dessous de 4K, mémoire RAM de 1Go ou plus pour la lecture 4K

Résolution d'écran : 1280 x 800. Recommandé : 1920 x 1080

Mémoire RAM  : 4 Go

Disque dur  : 7 200 tours par minute pour le disque interne.Si disque dur externe, utilisez un USB 3.0 ou eSATA

My question is,in this sea of INTEL products that may suits me, which one do i choose ? GoPro recommand INTEL QUAD CORE i7, but typing that on my amazon account result in a lot of suggestions. Can someone just give me an amzon link of the one i am suppose to pick ? It would be such a big help as GoPro support team can't only provide the above info but not just redirect me to the right product so that i can just buy it ...

Looking forward for your opinion !

• 1. Re: GoPro's Quick Editing software issues
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello hueclaire,

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

This recommendation should come directly from the software developer. Because Intel provides a wide arrange of products for different needs, we recommend comparing Intel® Processors using the Product Specifications Page (ARK). To do this, capture the Intel® processor number to use for the comparison. Then, open the Product Specification Page.

• Type the first processor number in the Search Specification box.
          • Click Add to Compare.
          • Type the second processor number in the Search Specification box (You can add multiple processors this way, up to 8).
          • Click Add to Compare.
          • View the comparison list by clicking the blue Compare box that should show the numbers of the processors to be compared.

Keep in mind that video editing requires performing hardware-intensive tasks. For this reason, you may want to look for Multi-Core architecture, high clock speeds and as much L3 cache as possible. We also recommend getting a processor that increases the speed and quality of the rest of the components such as memory and GPU.

Wanner G.
          Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: GoPro's Quick Editing software issues
            hueclaire

Hello WANNER G.,

Thank you for your quick reply.

However, i do not know how to "capture the Intel® processor number to use for the comparison".

I really am not gifted computer wise and to be honest, i just found it mind boggling that apprently no one on GoPro side and Intel side, can give me a straight answer.

I am sorry, it really isn't my attention to be rude, but i have been dealing with that issue for two weeks now, already downladed codec packs that didn't help, change my windows 8 to 10, had to remove such and such...

Can no one tell me something along the lines of : Hey i also both a GoPro Black 7, had the same computer settings as yours so bought the "INTEL such and such" works fine now, can edit 4k videos, I recommand that one, or if you have the mean you can buy the more expensive "INTEL this and that" for better performance".

Again, i am sorry and i might misunderstood this forum and maybe this community approches issues in a different way, but the way it does, unfortunatly isn't helping me choosing the right INTEL product to buy ..

I do thank you though.