1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 10:05 AM by Intel Corporation Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: Miracast support in Windows 10 Laptop

whatz

Hello Wanner,

I am not sure if it is fair to push the responsibility to somebody else (i.e. Microsoft) for this fix as it is not clearly a Microsoft issue.  I am struggling with a very similar issue as described by suriyamohan.  I have a brand new Samsung TV and I can project my Samsung phone's screen to it and my apple IPad without any problems.  When I try to use my Windows 10 Laptop then I am unable to find the TV in order to start a MiraCast session.  The laptop has the latest intel Wifi drivers (version 20.70.3.3 for my intel® Dual Band Wireless - AC 8265).  According to the driver release notes there were known issues with Miracast that should have been fixed:

<Quote>

Key Issues Fixed and Changes

Description of Key Issue                                                                                OS

Unable to project to a second screen using Wireless Display (Miracast*)     Windows 10®

</Quote https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28276/eng/ReleaseNotes_WiFi_20_90_0.pdf >

Since the Intel driver release notes clearly state that there were known drivers issues with Miracast, Intel should not put the support effort on Microsoft's shoulders but help its user base to get the issue fixed.  Having said that - even Intel states in the release notes that the issue is fixed I am still unable to use my TV as a display from my Laptop.  I am able to find my TV as a device and project sound to it but if I want to run a Miracast session then my TV is simply not an option that I can select.

A great article on how to check if your laptop should support Miracast can be found here: https://www.enhansoft.com/blog/how-to-troubleshoot-miracast-when-using-windows-10

My problem is that when I run this command in a Windows 10 shell "netsh wlan show drivers" it states my WiFi driver does not support MiraCast.  This again goes full circle to the question - are there (still) known issues with the latest version of Intel WLAN drivers.  The WLAN adapter I have does support it, the graphic card I have supports it, the OS supports it - however the WiFi driver states it does not support it.

Your help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.