3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 2:26 PM by Intel Corporation

Optane disabled after shutting down system

Rob_Cooper

Hi there,

I just recently bought a new system which has Optane installed on it (running on a second mechanical drive with an SSD as the main boot drive.) When I ran the setup process it was set up on the second drive with no problems

success1.png

success2.png

Similarly, following a system reboot everything was still working fine. however, if I shut down my system completely and then turn it on again upon logging into Windows the Optane Software will disable optimisation.

finalizing.png

This recreates 100% of the time. I'm not sure what could be causing the issue - any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Optane disabled after shutting down system
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Rob_Cooper,

As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information:

• The SSU logs.

1-            Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ and download the software.
            2-            When finished downloading it, open it.
            3-            Attach the file obtained to your reply.

• A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions.

We will be looking forward to your reply including this information.

Best regards,

Josh B.
          Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: Optane disabled after shutting down system
            Rob_Cooper

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've attached the requested information. Please note that when I did the scan the optane system was working. However, if I shut down and start up again it will stop working again.

Thanks,

Rob

• 3. Re: Optane disabled after shutting down system
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Rob_Cooper,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the information you provide us, we noticed that you do not have the necessary unallocated space of at least 5MB on your bootable device. We recommend you to create this space on your drive using any tool of your preference and to test your system.

We will be looking forward to your reply sharing the results of this troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Josh B.
              Intel® Customer Support Technician
              Under Contract to Intel Corporation