4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 1:49 PM by C4cci4

Intel optane for second SSD

C4cci4

Good day,
      firs this is my firt post in the community, cause i just bought the optane and is the first time also that i need an help!    

Yesterday i mounted the optane on my matherboard. I've already check if was supported and it does. Once i do the Enable in the optane programme, it only setting up for my first SSD, cause i have 2 of them, and i want accellerate the second one.
      I've tried to search in the forum or internet, but nothing that actually helped me.
      My mother board is ROG STRIX Z370G
      SSD M.2 250GB Crucial MX500 Type 2280

SSD 2,5 1TB Samsung 860 EVO

Thank you in advance, Regards.

• 1. Re: Intel optane for second SSD
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi C4cci4,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I’d like to know which drive is the primary one and which one the secondary drive.

Additionally, could you please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) and run the full report? This tool will collect your system information and export it in a text file. The tool can be downloaded from this site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
          Diego V.
          Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: Intel optane for second SSD
            C4cci4

Hello again,
            apologize, the m2 is the primary one with the operative system (and is the only one recognize by the optane).
            This is the report, i got a question for you. I noticed that on the website it's oonly available the software version of 2017, and not the leatest from 2018. May be this the cause? because what i read in the forum is, the old version f the software it doesn't support the others SSD, instead with the update it does. And in case, this may be the solution, when is possible to have back the latest version?
            Thank you, regards.

• 3. Re: Intel optane for second SSD
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi C4cci4,

I hadn’t thought about it, but you are completely right. The driver is currently down for maintenance to enable installer changes.  We hope to have the updated driver available soon.

Right now the available driver is the 15.x version, but this version doesn’t support secondary drive acceleration. Please stay tuned to the Download Center site since the updated (16.x) driver will be uploaded soon. Once it is, please try enabling the module with this version which supports secondary drive acceleration.

Before updating the driver, make sure to disable the module first from the application. Once it’s disabled, you can uninstall the driver and install the new one to re-enable the module again with the secondary drive.

I hope this information clarifies the inquiry.

Have a nice day.

Regards,
              Diego V.
              Intel Customer Support Technician
              Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 4. Re: Intel optane for second SSD
                C4cci4

Yup great, thanks for the helps.
                Regards, Alberto