1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 5:35 PM by Intel Corporation

BSOD after installing driver version 25.20.100.6444

mho68

My computer was up to date with the latest windows version (1809, Home, 64 bit) and even all drivers were up to date.

On 28. november 2018 my computer received two updates via standard windows update.

• Intel Corporation - Extension - 11/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 25.20.100.6444
      • Intel Corporation - Display- 11/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 25.20.100.6444

Only seconds after the download was completed and the installation startet, the computer crashed with BSOD.

There was no chance to reactivate the system, no step back worked. No way to fix the system. I had to recover the system.

The problem could by duplicated, it doesn't matter if Windows 1803 or 1809 was used.

Again, directly after the automatic download of updates started and the two intel drivers mentioned above were to install, the system crashed again with BSOD.

Am i the only one, who has problems with these two drivers?

I couldn't find any information from other user so far.

There one more thing, i can't understand: the intel driver and support assistant says, my system is up to date and there are no new drivers; but windows update displays the two drivers and wants to download/install them.

• 1. Re: BSOD after installing driver version 25.20.100.6444
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello mho68,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

First, we will need more information of your system in order to assist you in the best way. Please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it: 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Make sure to attach the created report to this thread.

Also, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps: 

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 
          2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
          3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 
          4. Attach the report to this thread. 

Regards,
          David V

Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation