1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2018 7:04 PM by sergios_intel

Howto remove a disk for replacement from RAID 0 array?

smhswiss

Dear All

I have or should I say had..... I don't know yet.

I have a HP Z400 with two 250GB Disks attached those were configured using the Bios Utility  (Matrix Storage Manager v8.6.0.1007)

to be a RAID 0 containing two Volumes. One of the Volumes was used for the System (OS) the rest for apps and so on.

Now I managed to Add another 1TB Disk to the Array, in order to replace one of the smaller ones,  using the RST Software.

RST_status.png

After migration I wanted to remove one disk but didn't found a way to do it.

I tried to mark one Disk as non Member, which resulted in status that both Volumes where failing.

I have recreated the RAID as it was before, but the System is not able to boot anymore now.

What can I do to recover the System?

Following the procedure here is not helpful https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006437/technologies.html

Kind regards

Stefan

• 1. Re: Howto remove a disk for replacement from RAID 0 array?
          sergios_intel

Hello Stefan,

Intel Customer Service no longer responds to telephone, chat, e-mail and communities inquiries for the Matrix Storage Manager I am going to proceed and move your thread to the Discontinued Products Community, so you can get recommendations from fellow community members. You may also find the [Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request”

Additionally, please contact your workstation manufacturer for assistance.

For more information, please check the Matrix Storage Manager support site.

Best regards,

Sergio S.