8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2018 2:42 PM by Intel Corporation

AC 8260 drops connections

Niko00

Router is OK, other devices connected to the same SSID are work perfect. Windows 10 1703 and 1803, drops wifi connections every 5 - 10 minutes. Speed is good, ping is good too. It works bad on the all versions of driver. I deleted driver and installed different versions of it 10 times. I used driver of 8260. I  changed a lot of settings of wifi connections in OS like a parameter of turning off a adapter for power saving and other. I used all your and window's diagnostic soft. Now I'm ready to buy a new one wireless network adapter or take notebook (asus x510un) to warranty. Help me. I discovered other similar thread whole the internet, no one way didn't help. What I should to do?

• 1. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
          Niko00

Also windows and intel driver search programm tries to switch device to 8265, but 8265 driver doest work too.

• 2. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Niko00

Thank you for posting in the Intel® community.

• Does the behavior happen if the system is tested on a different network?
            • Could you review the status of the Intel® wireless adapter on the device manager?  In case you have any error code please let me know what it is.
            • Have you tried a clean installation of the wireless driver? We recommend using the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) drivers, see the steps below.
            • What is your laptop SKU or part number?
            • Are you testing a different Intel® wireless adapter on the same system?
            • Which wireless adapter came preinstalled with the system?
            • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

• Steps to save the report:
            1. Run the utility.
            2. Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.
            3. Once the scan is complete click on “next”.
            4. Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.
            5. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right-hand corner of the response box.

Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers:
            https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,
            Leonardo C.
            Intel Customer Support Technician
            Under Contract to Intel Corporation
            • 3. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
              Niko00

1)  The droping happens chaotic. It may drop it 10 times per hour or 1 drop for a 5 hours. I connected to access point of my smartphone and for a half hour didn't see any trouble, but i't can be just lucky

2) The status on the devise manager is normal, no codes

3) Yes

4) Picture

5) No, I can't

6) Picture

7) File

Can it be because of router? Model is TP-Link and there is no any trouble with other devices for LAN and WiFi connection.

• 4. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
                Intel Corporation

Hello Niko00

Thank you for the information.

Looking into the report I see that you are using the Intel® wireless driver version 20.90.0 I would recommend testing the driver provided by the system manufacturer you could search on the following link https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X510UN/HelpDesk_Download/ by searching with the system model and operating system version.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,
                Leonardo C.

• 5. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
                  Niko00

I made it first. Tomorrow I'm going to tune some router settings and I'll surely let you know if something changes

• 6. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
                    Niko00

I changed the majoryity of router settings and checked it with other wifi router, problem is still here. I don't know what to do(

• 7. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
                      Intel Corporation

Hello Niko00

Thank you for the information.

• I would like to confirm with you if this las testing was done while using the system with the driver provided by the OEM?  
                      • Please provide me with the msinfo32 report (use the Windows key + R combination>type msinfo32> select ok> go to file> export> save the report to your desktop and attach the report to the thread.
                      • Provide me with an updated Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* following the steps provided previously.  
                      • Also, I have sent you a private message requesting personal information about the case, please see your private inbox  

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                      Leonardo C.
                      • 8. Re: AC 8260 drops connections
                        Intel Corporation

Hello Niko00

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,
                        Leonardo C.