2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 12:39 PM by Intel Corporation

nuc 7i7 BNHX1 without intel optane memory

gazocar

Dear Sirs

I bought nuc 7i7 BNHX1 but i want to unistall optane memory and i want to install Intel SSD M2 memory.

after this changed i want to install Windows 10 and controlers etc.

Do i have to follow the instruction and controllers of nuc7i7 BNHX1 or the instructions and controlers of nuc7i7 BNK

Thanks

Gonzalo Azocar

• 1. Re: nuc 7i7 BNHX1 without intel optane memory
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello gazocar

Thank you for joining this Intel Community.

To uninstall an Intel® Optane™ memory module, you have to disable it via the Intel® Optane™ memory or Intel RST applications.

Option 1: Disabling Optane™ with the Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface.

1. Select the “Setup” tab on the left side of the Optane™ UI. Click on the “Disable” button to continue disabling Optane™.
          2. Once the process to disable Optane™ has started, the progress will appear in the UI window. 
          3. To complete the disabling process, the user must restart the system.
          4. Once the system has been rebooted into the OS, the user can open the Optane™ UI Setup page to verify that the memory volume is no longer enabled.

Option 2 Disabling Optane™ with the RST Legacy UI

1. On the status page, click on the ‘Disable’ link.
          2. A pop up will appear to confirm if the user wants to disable. Click ‘Yes’ to continue.
          3. Once the volume is disabled, the user will be asked to reboot the system. 
          4. If using the ‘Intel ® Optane™ Memory page, a ‘reboot’ button will appear once the Optane™ volume is disabled.
          5. After rebooting, UI will show both disks in a normal state and have the option to ‘Enable’ Optane™ available. 

Option 3 Deconcatenate your Intel® Optane™ memory volume from the system BIOS.

-Locate the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology menu.
          -Select the Intel® Optane™ Memory volume.
          -Choose option to deconcatenate.
          -Make sure to select Preserve Data. It migrates the data on your volume back to the SATA disk.
          -Choose option Start deconcatenation.

Make sure to save your BIOS settings after the process is complete before exiting the BIOS. If you don't, the disk boot order may not update properly, resulting in the system not booting into the OS.

Note; Preserve Data relates to the preservation of data on the SATA disk and Intel® Optane™ memory module after the disks are separated. Typically, we recommend selecting yes. If you select no, then data isn't preserved on the SATA disk or module, and you can't access data after separation. We only recommend selecting no if there's no data you want to recover after separation.

Wanner G.
          Intel Customer Support Technician
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: nuc 7i7 BNHX1 without intel optane memory
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello gazocar

Were you able to successfully uninstall the Intel® Optane™ memory module?

Wanner G.
            Intel Customer Support Technician
            Under Contract to Intel Corporation