I have been trying to use Realsense Viewer to record streams from a pair of D435 cameras. I continue to experience problems. The problems are somewhat inconsistent. In fact, I thought that the issue had been resolved, but it has recently been happening more frequently. I am looking for ways to systematically isolate and confirm any bottleneck or incompatibility that might exist. Is there a recommended procedure for tracking down such issues? If I need to buy another computer to handle the second camera -- or to abandon the camera entirely -- then so be it, but I'd like to explain and justify the decision. I have so far been unable to understand the issue -- especially since I've seen multiple discussions of applications that use up to 4 cameras on a single computer.
Currently, the primary symptom is that one or both cameras will stop recording mid-session, or will record a significantly reduced number of frames. The "No frames received" message often appears on the Realsense Viewer display.
Some history and context:
* The computer is a Dell with 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8700K, 8GB RAM, and GeForce GTX 1050Ti
* Windows 10
* CPU and RAM utilization do not appear to approach the limit when recording from the two cameras.
* I've used several versions of Realsense Viewer, including the latest stable release.
* I have tried moving the cameras around to all of the available front and rear USB ports, in various combinations.
* These problems occur when the cameras are plugged directly into the PC, using the cables that came with the cameras.
* I tried several USB PCIe expansion cards.
* I have tried powered hubs.
* Sometimes Realsense Viewer detects USB 3.0 devices, and sometimes they are listed as USB 3.1 or USB 3.2.
* Metadata is enabled.
* I've compiled Realsense Viewer on the machine, as well as downloading the binary.
* I've upgraded the graphics drivers.
* I've upgraded the camera firmware.
There is a LOT of information in the log files, but I am not sure what is relevant. Some potentially useful messages from recent log files:
* "(win-helpers.cpp:492) CreateFile failed"
* "(win-helpers.cpp:538) could not find camera in windows device tree"
* "(win-uvc.cpp:964) Could not retrieve USB descriptor for device"
* "(environment.cpp:85) Found 1 unreachable streams, 589 extrinsics deleted"
I previously posted some additional information in comments here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/124310. I am not sure if that same exact error still occurs, but the nature of the problem seems similar.
I will appreciate any additional feedback that might be available.
EDIT: I only just now saw this post about providing log information: https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/realsense/blog/2017/02/16/provide-logs-for-faster-more-efficient-service. I will run through this procedure on Monday, and attached the information to this thread.