Story of the issue first:
On 30 May I started experiencing issues trying to use my 5g or 2.4g network at work. The network adapter would restart whenever I tried to connect to 5g, and occasionally stopped working when I used 2.4g. At the same time, I had no problem using my home internet or connecting via mobile hotspot. I had an updated driver at that time and digging for solutions on the Internet I tried many things to resolve the issue, finally resolving it about a week later by downgrading the network adapter driver to ver. 20.10.*.* as well as customly adjusting a few properties under the Advanced tab, believing that the main contributor to the solution was switching the Roaming Aggressiveness to Lowest, while higher settings caused it to "aggressively" jump between 2.4g and 5g. That worked for me and I stopped encountering this issue for a few months.. until it happened again on 19 November.
The issue is back, not sure what caused it to return. I was forced to upgrade my network adapter driver but that didn't help. Using Intel-recommended settings for 802.11ac Connectivity or my personal favourite settings didn't help. Working on 2.4g network I occasionally get the following logs in the Event Viewer, and my Internet connection cuts off:
- Event ID 5000: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.`
- Event ID 5002: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.`
- Event ID 5005: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.`
- Event ID 10400: `The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 3 time(s) since it was last initialized.`
Trying to connect to 5g, it looks as if it has connected to the Internet for a short while, before cutting off the connection and resetting the whole network adapter. Strangely enough the Event Viewer doesn't have much to say, only displaying:
- Event ID 6062: `6062 - Lso was triggered`
I am using Windows 10 on a Metabox Prime-S PA70EP-G laptop, i7-8750H CPU.
Attaching a system information report, please let me know of a solution or any additional information you require.
System Information.txt.zip 64.0 K