13 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2018 7:22 AM by Intel Corporation

Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue

Jellyssimo

Story of the issue first:

On 30 May I started experiencing issues trying to use my 5g or 2.4g network at work. The network adapter would restart whenever I tried to connect to 5g, and occasionally stopped working when I used 2.4g. At the same time, I had no problem using my home internet or connecting via mobile hotspot. I had an updated driver at that time and digging for solutions on the Internet I tried many things to resolve the issue, finally resolving it about a week later by downgrading the network adapter driver to ver. 20.10.*.* as well as customly adjusting a few properties under the Advanced tab, believing that the main contributor to the solution was switching the Roaming Aggressiveness to Lowest, while higher settings caused it to "aggressively" jump between 2.4g and 5g. That worked for me and I stopped encountering this issue for a few months.. until it happened again on 19 November.

The issue is back, not sure what caused it to return. I was forced to upgrade my network adapter driver but that didn't help. Using Intel-recommended settings for 802.11ac Connectivity or my personal favourite settings didn't help. Working on 2.4g network I occasionally get the following logs in the Event Viewer, and my Internet connection cuts off:

• Event ID 5000: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.`
      • Event ID 5002: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.`
      • Event ID 5005: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.`
      • Event ID 10400: `The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 3 time(s) since it was last initialized.`

Trying to connect to 5g, it looks as if it has connected to the Internet for a short while, before cutting off the connection and resetting the whole network adapter. Strangely enough the Event Viewer doesn't have much to say, only displaying:

• Event ID 6062: `6062 - Lso was triggered`

I am using Windows 10 on a Metabox Prime-S PA70EP-G laptop, i7-8750H CPU.

Attaching a system information report, please let me know of a solution or any additional information you require.

Cheers!

• 1. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

: Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to make sure, you mentioned that when using your home Internet or connecting via mobile hot spot, there is no problem, so the problem only happens at work? Could you please elaborate on that?

We recommend to do a clean installation of the wireless driver provided by Metabox, in the links below you will find the details of how to do that and also the drivers provided by them, please try version 20.70.0.5:
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
          https://www.metabox.com.au/drivers.asp

Also in the following link you will find the Intel® recommended settings for the wireless connection:
          https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Regards,
          Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician    
          Under Contract to Intel Corporation

• 2. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
            Jellyssimo

Hey Alberto,

In regards to your question, I only ever have access to 5g network (together with 2.4g) at work. I suspect that attempting to connect to a 5g network elsewhere would have the same result for me. My colleagues have never experienced any problem of similar nature, and I hadn't had a problem with it for a few months too, so I don't think the problem is strictly in the internet setup at my workplace. I believe the issue is related to networks that send out both 2.4g and 5g signals, and my laptop has trouble connecting to those in general.

I did a clean installation of the wireless driver as per your recommendation, but the issue is still there for me. However during the installation I noticed a few events in the Event Viewer that could potentially give some leads:

• Event ID 10002: `WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped. Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\IntelWifiIhv06.dll` (1)
            • Event ID 63: `A provider, IntelWLANEventProvider, has been registered in the Windows Management Instrumentation namespace root\default to use the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests.` (1)
            • Event ID 63 (2)
            • Event ID 10002 (2)
            • Event ID 10016: `The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection and APPID Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.` (1)

• Event ID 10016 (2)

Now with the driver version 20.70.0.5, when I try to connect to 5g I see an immense amount of:

• Event ID 5002: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.`

With single instances of:

• Event ID 5000: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered a conflict in resources and could not load.` - at the start;
            • Event ID 5003: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Could not find a network adapter.` - in the middle;
            • Event ID 5005: `Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.` - at the end;
            • Event ID 10400: `The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560" has begun resetting.  There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 2 time(s) since it was last initialized.` - at the end.

But at least now working with 2.4g doesn't seem to cause any cut offs.

Providing a fresh System Information report.

Cheers.

• 3. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
              Intel Corporation

Hi : Thank you very much for sharing those results.

At this point the next thing to do will be a clean installation of the wireless driver, but this time we will install the Intel® wireless generic driver version 20.90.0:
              https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-10?product=99446

Regards,
              Alberto R.

• 4. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                Jellyssimo

Hey Alberto,

Just tried with driver version 20.90.0, still no luck.

Attempting to connect to 5g network throws the following errors:

• Event ID 1008: `The Open Procedure for service ".NETFramework" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\mscoree.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.`
                • Event ID 1008: `The Open Procedure for service "ESENT" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\esentprf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.`
                • Event ID 1008: `The Open Procedure for service "Lsa" in DLL "C:\Windows\System32\Secur32.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.`
                • Event ID 2004: `Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code.`
                • Event ID 1008: `The Open Procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the error code.`
                • Event ID 10016: `The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.`

As well as a few Network related Warnings.

Same behaviour as before, first it says that it's connected, then it disconnects and resets the adapter. 2.4g still works.

System Information Report attached.

• 5. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                  Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for sharing the file.

We will do further research on this matter, for us to be able to do that, please provide the information requested on the document attached to this post.

Also, please enter "msinfo32' in the Windows* search bar and provide the information showing in there.

Regards,
                  Alberto R.

• 6. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                    Intel Corporation

: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested on the previous post and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,
                    Alberto R.

• 7. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                      Jellyssimo

Hey Alberto,

Sorry haven't had a chance to attend to this until now.

I've gathered some information in the doc, please let me know if you require additional info.

Thanks.

• 8. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                        Intel Corporation

Hi : No problem at all, thank you very much for providing those files.

Just one more thing, please enter "msinfo32' in the Windows* search bar and provide the information showing in there.

Regards,
                        Alberto R.

• 9. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                          Jellyssimo

Hey Alberto,

I did that and selected to export it in the form of .txt, I attached the file under the name "System Information".

• 10. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                            Intel Corporation

Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

We will start our research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,
                            Alberto R.

• 11. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                              Intel Corporation

: I just received an update on this matter, just to confirm, the wireless card, did it came integrated in the laptop or did you purchase it separately?

Since this issue happens only at work looks like it could be related to the work environment.
                              By any chance, do you know if there are co-workers in there that are also having the same scenario?
                              Is this error recent?
                              Has this PC ever worked at work before without issues?
                              Are there any recent changes in hardware or software?

Regards,
                              Alberto R.

• 12. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                                Jellyssimo

The network adapter came integrated in the laptop.

My co-workers experience no issues with the Internet. They are able to use both 5g and 2.4g without any problem.

As described initially. I had this problem happen to me about half a year ago when I just received the laptop. Some workarounds helped me resolve the issue and I was able to use the Internet this whole time up until a month ago. The issue came back recently and I reported it as soon as I got it. Not sure what caused it to start occurring again.

I haven't made any hardware changes and don't recall having any major software changes.

• 13. Re: Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 connectivity issue
                                  Intel Corporation

: Thank you very much for providing those details, we will continue with our research on this subject, I will post all the information in this thread as soon as I get any updates.

Regards,
                                  Alberto R.